The 1790 constitution:
- Practiced for 13 states, 2.4 million homogenous population (90% farmers and 98% protestants)
- 1st congress of 90 congresspersons (26 senators, 64 house)
- Representation: 26,666 citizens per congressperson. (2.4 million/90)
- Practiced for 50 states, 304 million highly diversified population
- 111th congress of 535 congresspersons (100 senators, 435 house members)
- Representation: 568,244 citizens per congressperson. (304 million/ 535)
This documents a 21 factor (568224/26666) erosion of citizen congressional representation over 234 years.
The 1840 constitution
- Practiced for 26 states, 17.1 million population
- 26th congress of 294 congresspersons (52 senate, 242 house)
- Representation: 58,163 citizens per congressperson (17.1 million/294)
Citizen per congressperson can be viewed as a crude measure of practicing government quorum. The 1790 representation, 26,666 citizens per congressperson, was the practiced quorum. The 1790 representation quorum was violated in 1840 when representation eroded to 58,163 citizens per congressperson. (twice the 1790 citizens per congressperson)
Congress today requires 11400 (304 million/26666) congresspersons to equal congressional representation practiced in 1790. That is, a citizen today has less than 5% the representation in congress of a citizen in 1776. (Tea party anyone?)
“Half right” government started in 1840. This was twenty years before the civil war, the most disastrous war in American history. This ended democratic rule in America and ushered the dawn of elected oligarchy. America “lost it” just around 1840.
As America’s population increases, democratic representation continues to degrade. America cannot go back to 1776 for better government. It can only restore representation to original levels. Today, this requires 11400 congresspersons. (304 million/26666)
How long must America continue to suffer incessant and increasing poor decision, inaction, stalemate, and incompetence in government before America re-empowers its government? How long must Americans endure lack of governance? Step up to the 2nd millennium, America.
When service in a restaurant suffers, more waiters are needed. When fire breaks out everywhere, more fire fighters are needed. When crime becomes rampant, more police are needed. When America lacks governance, send help to the few existing democratic representatives. More representatives are needed. The antidote to corruption of power is disbursement of power. Step it up, America. Be proactive. Check out plan-b.
Citizen is coach to team democracy. Coach is responsible for success. It’s your call, coach.
Presidential Candidate (for one of 9 executive branch presidents) 2016